A libertarian student says that a Students for Liberty (SFL) national staff member used the copyright violation reporting system on Facebook to improperly take down a parody of the international libertarian student organization yesterday.
What if you and 50 allies face a serious outside threat? What if one of these allies, through no conscious fault of his own, is increasing your vulnerability to this outside threat? He’s not committing an easily identifiable act of aggression, but he’s putting the lives of you and your allies at serious risk.
PorcFest will be raided by a combined local, state and federal police force some time in the next three years. Start preparing for this eventuality now. Take PorcFest a step further. Inject more leadership, long-range planning and on-the-ground organization into it. Do it now, before it’s too late.
How do you stay safe when engaging in activism? We want to stand up for our principles. We want to make a statement. We want our voices to be heard. We want to influence our world so that we can eventually leave it better than we found it. And we want to do that without violence. But we don’t want to get our necks broken in the process.
Gordon Ramsay is awesome. This video is two full hours of Chef Ramsay cracking skulls. Here is why I love this man:
- He is brutally honest. How many people are brutally honest? Too few. Way too few.
- He demands more of everyone. He is incredibly demanding. I love this. How are you going to reach your potential unless someone demands your best from you?
- He genuinely wants to help people, at least in his Kitchen Nightmares series. The transformations he leads in KN blow my mind. He doesn’t just fix people’s food and their business but also their families and their mindsets.
- His accent is spectacular.
- He is a real leader with real business and culinary experience. He has experienced failure. He knows how to cut to the core of a problem and then he attacks it without mercy.
- He demands the best for his customers. His dedication to the customer is unceasing. That is classy.
- He cuts through anyone’s bullshit like a knife through hot butter. He reeks of truth. He is genuine and down-to-earth.
- His vocabulary is not limited to generic insults like “moron” or “idiot,” he will also lay your primary problem right out in colorful and accurate language.
Chef Ramsay does all of this in an age where people are coddled, their feelings treated like precious little bunny rabbits and honesty and integrity are all but nonexistent.
We could all benefit from more of his kind of passion, determination and integrity because only by demanding more of ourselves can we progress towards a better future.
The restaurant chain Chipotle has banned the open carry of firearms from its more than 1,000 locations across North America because some folks in Texas open carried battle rifles into one of their stores. Some of these open carriers reportedly have also engaged in a war of nasty words with female proponents of limiting firearm rights. This is an activism fail. These guys wanted to normalize the open carry of battle rifles, the AR-15, AK-47 and similar, but their op backfired on them because:
In a recent video entitled “R.I.P. PorcFest,” libertarian tax protestor, author and commentator Larken Rose suggests that the Free State Project’s (FSP) annual Porcupine Freedom Festival (PorcFest) may be “dead” because, he says, the FSP Board of Directors (FSP, inc.) is attempting to limit what topics attendees are allowed to discuss. This is a ridiculous claim. So, here are 4 reasons why PorcFest is alive and kicking. Can you come up with more?
What do You Attack?
If you attack people, be they individuals or groups, then you are on the wrong track. You are a gossiper. You’re a celebrity tabloid. But if you attack ideas, then you are on the right track. People can change, people can die. But ideas are forever. And a brilliant idea can change the world overnight. Stop gossiping and start forming and improving your ideas.