As promised, now that I have received multiple voting keys post-DIP3, I am sharing my voting decisions for the April 2019 DAO voting cycle. If you want to follow my voting choices and/or use them as a template, but not delegate your voting keys to me, you can download a text file of my recommendations here.
My goal is not to savagely cut the fat but to influence these NO and ABSTAIN voted proposals towards what I consider more productive directions, in most cases. I am available to talk and even advise.
- Dash Watch 8th Proposal For May 2019 Funding: YES. The DAO needs transparency and accountability. DAO voters need assistance in making decisions. Dash Watch does a very good job on a low budget
gobject vote-many 2ee58a293c29685d9b674e526ecb910729638b9f8152a6c33158d3e86e78a03d funding yes
- #BuildWithDash – Dash Integrations with Online Payment Apps: YES. This PO has delivered for Dash before and is communicative and interested in teamwork, now a Dash Ignite member. The Dash ecosystem is desperately thin on developer talent and the only other developer outreach I am aware of was run by QuantumExplorer and had to be canceled due to fall in the price of Dash in 2018.
gobject vote-many e2ac18df677baf3be8b257bd050c8bc043700c6eadcbea979b66b1a1a833254e funding yes
- DASH-PR-PROPOSAL-1-OF-2—SHIFT-COMMUNIC. NO. The proposal is uninspired, there is no video and I have no sense this organization is prepared to use our precious DAO funds effectively and judiciously.
gobject vote-many 73f2e97d7e797127dbd726d720324e9d0a7ecdd4f3129ad4a3dcddd670455075 funding no
- DASH-PR-PROPOSAL-2-OF-2—WACHSMAN-PR: ABSTAIN. Wachsman actually produced an impressive video. Why can’t they produce more video for us instead of getting all these hype articles posted in low-quality crypto blogs? Maybe they just need better direction?
gobject vote-many 195464156ef2b280364471fe900229815f8fa3eeaec90ec5ebb6977865550738 funding abstain
- DASH EMBASSY TURKEY Q2 2019: ABSTAIN. This is a new project in an inflationary economy and therefore I’d like to see what they can do. At the same time, this has all the warnings signs of another embassy that thinks it is above street-level mass adoption work and therefore rarely produces anything of value beyond boxed hot air.
gobject vote-many b33aee1852fac9cea0ef1baafefd18e6751fc864ef49ee684f6aee9845f37058 funding abstain
- Dash Force May – August: NO. This project adds value to Dash via dashnews.org but it is also a hype machine that causes people in the Dash community to confuse dream with reality, and thus make realistic goals and realistic results look sub-standard. As such, it is also a threat to the growth of Dash towards a real product to be used by real people. Further, this organization is responsible for the disaster that is DiscoverDash. I am afraid to vote against Dash Force, but I refuse to give in to fear so here goes.
gobject vote-many 0de034344b217693c75fc4f9dc17c028a3eca76ca697197e1af45eab6f027a80 funding no
- DACH Embassy: NO. Cycle after cycle I see DACH producing presentations but little or no real live video of their work. I am not seeing any work beyond high-level bizdev and ideas like we integrate with payment processor X and somehow that means we automatically get 10,000 new merchants. This is fantastical thinking. We need users, not just to integrate with apps that maybe also don’t have a lot of users or where the demand for Dash is low to nil. Worse, now I see this embassy concept spreading. High-cost, low-result office-based Dash representation is not going to move the needle.
gobject vote-many ae0c74360647da44869af83ee324794de8f908df8bf67e6e0b7614ea90eb3303 funding no
- Dash Retail: YES. I am involved in this project but draw no comp. Basic retail adoption and wallet pricing parity infrastructure. Borne from my ground-level adoption efforts.
gobject vote-many 3e0eb47f98fa35c6e7659749eabf520263629581b9d7d4f2e72ac42a1f77800f funding yes
- Evolución Dash: NO. This PO used to work for me. This proposal is a mess, clearly not ready for execution.
gobject vote-many f0ba5b7034f76ceaa66bd0bf1375786178b0969d92b2db83ed2f53686932a1ff funding no
- Core Team Compensation: YES. Core team keeps the protocol work going BUT their aggressive schedule of updates has caused multiple problems with mobile wallet payments not to mention the current voting cycle. Further, DCG does not report to Dash Watch. DCG is a black box that it seems feels like it does not need to take into account its peers in the ecosystem. I want to see more transparency in how comp is spent by department, or at least developers vs non-developers. I want more communication, teamwork and Dash Watch reporting, otherwise I am going to move to ABSTAIN votes.
gobject vote-many ef9d77dd50b9129f3ca51ea2115d5b38b540a12a809275e5c7f5aac3fcd55807 funding yes
- Core Team Outsourcing: YES. See above.
gobject vote-many f71be96c07ca6f968df1fa526b5cdc954a158d00beefaa3d76963052c75e73f4 funding yes
- Dash Nexus: YES. Nexus is helpful for voting but not essential by any means. It’s more of a stretch goal, but definitely something we should have for the future.
gobject vote-many d08f4a4f370192f86b882c8dd6f05836dc340e6ad2326aacb077111fa5a656bd funding yes
- ANARCHADELPHIA-2019: NO. I am not seeing a clear or organized value proposition.
gobject vote-many 82ad8ae7fb987fa0152e95d96c410f6a6a86c4bb027e0c6e61d4f29df5dc76d2 funding no
- Dash Nigeria: NO. I see photo ops that look like they were paid for. I see events that might be the same group of friends changing shirts and having pizza for different coins. I see merchants listed on DiscoverDash.com that are just points of sale for vouchers or something? I see the primary deliverable touted as integrations and these integrations do not seem to be of much identifiable value. I attempted on two occasions to engage with the PO and was treated unacceptably both times.
gobject vote-many 2d86a500b61c2675f0c295c97fda5626c4ada9e89324f9fe253d0f02044ded1f funding no
- Dash Texas Farms: YES. Friendly PO, no clear value proposition, but so cheap, let’s give it a try. PO desperately needs to create a clear value proposition if he wants this to go anywhere.
gobject vote-many 4ebd74078bdc6d3d782cbe3988a685931a9c2578a5531ef0d39047ef875f902f funding yes
- Dash Text: NO. Custodial solution for old devices that replicates functionality already provided by outside allies at no cost in more countries. Might just be CoinText over Google Voice. PO was involved in sending forged documents to Dash Watch. PO personally attempted to rip me off.
gobject vote-many a4441702ddfb50ffc37ae9da5fd0a0e176d48f23c0fcc985ca5157c4d5b1c363 funding no
- Dash Electrum: ABSTAIN. Who uses this wallet? I am not clear on the value proposition.
gobject vote-many 5f2b0fe1f3541b10c2faa1122b9cc5aa022c8286afc957c3936a4076175fc859 funding abstain
- Dash Merchant Usage in Venezuela: NO. This is Dash Merchant Venezuela, the group that sold us 2,500 merchants in Venezuela, which turned out to be radically untrue. There was an act of document forgery committed by this team with Dash Watch. New PO reacted unprofessionally to revelation of their previously substandard work, including by launching unsubstantiated accusations against me.
gobject vote-many 8e478c03bc9559b75de74f63c6cffbe3e4dfe390ecacae754a4e6cf941a9883f funding no
- Dash Thailand: YES. Former “embassy” that wisely dropped that word, unfortunately a mixed bag with few merchants spread across multiple cities, no real concentration strategy that I can perceive, too much focus on the 10,000 new merchants via 1 payment processor kind of high-level bizdev fantastical thinking. Overpriced. One of the senior guys has a great attitude, always actively seeking collaboration. Overpriced. We need a presence in Asia.
gobject vote-many 9475ce83921e8708d9e031a580639387865bb188a8108bca8040044decd68085 funding yes
- MyDashWallet: YES. The fact that this enables wallets just via website access is very useful. And it is cheap. Basic critical infrastructure level functionality here.
gobject vote-many 668ab0471ad2d5c1734801e24ce89c2e2f862c0bddcaafe41b71ff772130a160 funding yes
- Dash Colombia: YES. This is my proposal and I draw comp from it. We are creating ground level Dash mass adoption. No one else is doing this hard work. We are at the coalface in terms of business development, merchant adoption, consumer adoption, remittances, UX feedback, etc.
gobject vote-many 2b574df0f58b4a3820c0788596427885283cf628fa1d6475a1e891b756d61ec4 funding yes
- DashCrypto #1: YES. This team offers great promise and despite the fact they are delivering so little, including just 5 total videos, and a twitter stream of almost completely RTs, there is a promise here and I am ready to give them one more chance to impress.
gobject vote-many d2db7c657def49293287fb5118edadc73a48258acb0b967e9ae4247276a3d10e funding yes
- Dash Venezuela Remittances: YES. This is my proposal but I currently draw no comp from it. We are actually putting merchants and consumers to use for Dash remittances across Latin America. This is our strongest use case and moves our merchants. This is a no-brainer and the only viable proposal to continue adoption efforts in Venezuela.
gobject vote-many 50d4092aef841f7e950fccc0d84d3e98cb3a8af384aa3e8131f894b46f4ca472 funding yes
- Dash Brazil: YES. Even tho Rodrigo is not really in Brazil, he does good video and conference attendance work for Dash.
gobject vote-many a1537a63fdba24b9855059d2b6b3cae3d5457d34868bf63403776d9d00285af4 funding yes
- Dash Venezuela. NO. This PO is not a team player, stopped talking to Dash Watch for 5 months and has no strategy beyond expensive conferences that are limited to the in group. Further, this PO recorded a video in Caracas next to a Dash logo demanding that everyone obey the law in Venezuela. This PO used her position in Dash to state that the current socialist dictator in control of the country must be obeyed. This is unacceptable and I hope it does not come back to bite us later on.
gobject vote-many f7d299d5743b29558c40e91345e33f41a37ad1019904cdfc78c6498e258429f7 funding no
- MERCHANT ADOPTION WITH PAY.LIVE: ABSTAIN. This proposal has had at least 2 cycles of funding and I have seen no communication about results.
gobject vote-many 31d3d34c40f413b9d4140e32e7e40ebc201c942ea3c92ee16a48559ee38928c3 funding abstain
- Dash.red. YES. Dash.red is the most popular Dash website in the world, even more visited and stickier than dash.org. The PO introduces new people to Dash in a fun yet rigorously educational way. This is not sexy but it is a no-brainer and is probably responsible for the 6,000 active Android Dash wallets in Venezuela.
gobject vote-many e3c60b1d765c5df55d1e5568764521e22f8d46463df7ce58759e6bb5912ad3f2 funding yes
- DASH MERCHANT VENEZUELA: NO. Old proposal clearly associated with the act of sending a forged document to Dash Watch and responsible for the inflated merchant count that is still bandied about today. This proposal is not done doing damage to us.
gobject vote-many db9f57a6a3cf11d5ffdb354d2d412c5b758bf89f06ed895ce0b0d516ebf91a01 funding no
- DashCrypto #2: NO. This team is producing little that is remarkable at this point and gave in on the question of selling the masternode opportunity. I want to see more first.
gobject vote-many 6086dc8955840de98d79a8210518c2a9c4917b5be55d289ccabd76e301d3d783 funding no