We need more people around here.
Sure, Bitcoin Cash runs on code. We need quality code that creates the right financial incentives and makes the game theory work. And hashrate.
But then what?
We need people. That peer to peer thing in the whitepaper means person to person, after all.
Where to get them?
Do we try to pull more people from the developed world, the US, Europe, East Asia, where the economies are among the best in the world?
Do we try and convert more BTCers to BCHers?
Too hard and expensive, I say.
Why worry about them when the majority of humanity is excluded from the formal financial system, facing barriers to economic progress, rotating through monetary crises, and losing time and money to corrupt, rent-seeking middlemen such as governments and financial institutions?
Let’s start with the people who need Bitcoin Cash the most.
A closer look
Latin America, sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. These are the places where people most need peer-to-peer digital cash that can’t be censored, stopped or hopefully even tracked.
So let’s build a system to:
- get their attention
- teach them about Bitcoin Cash
- funnel them into working on BCH adoption
- support their journey from new guys to pillars of the community
Still with me?
Sounds real nice, George, but how? (Did I just read your mind? LOL)
Funnels. They’re wide at the top and narrow at the bottom. In marketing-speak, funnels are processes that you incentivize your target market to undergo. At the top of the funnel, anyone enters. At the bottom, out pop your best customers.
Let’s create a funnel to find, recruit, motivate and support Bitcoin Cash adoption leaders, startup founders, writers, vloggers, podcasters, etc in Latam, sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
(1) We need a website with content in the various languages that our target market speaks. English and Spanish are a good start. With that we can cover 400 million people in Latin America and a lot of English speakers in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), India, the Philippines, etc. Read.cash might work.
(2) We need to brainstorm the end points we want these new people to reach. Local.bitcoin.com trader? Merchant affiliator? Meetup organizer? Startup founder?
(3) Now we create content that attracts, content that shows our targets how to get what they want with Bitcoin Cash. We also create content, maybe in the form of videos, that step by step tells them how to reach the end points and why.
This is overly simplified but you get the general idea. Here is a simple illustration.
A home base
It will also be a good idea to funnel people into a discussion forum that is focused around the project of mass adoption so that many can learn from many in parallel and we can spontaneously organize into teams focused on different tasks.
You in or what?
Join the BCH Ignite Discord today and let’s start work.
(It’s just getting started so we need moderators and ideas for how to organize the workspace.)
You can also read and discuss this post at read.cash.