In this sixth episode of the new video blog, I explain why, for several reasons, the self-ownership principle is utter foolishness and makes no sense whatsoever. In fact, it fails the test for logical soundness on two counts. I put together a pretty detailed argument here, complete with solid references so if you assign a lot of importance to the self-ownership principle, this is going to shake you up!
- Wikipedia: Self-Ownership
- Video of Larken Rose at Porcfest 2011
- Rothbard’s Second Argument for Self-Ownership
- Rothbard’s The Ethics of Liberty Chapter 8
- Wikipedia: Reductio ad absurdum
- Freedomain Radio forum post
- Wikipedia: Is-Ought Problem
- Revising Self-Ownership
- Robert Lefevre on Self-Ownership
- Mises Community Forum post
- Self-Ownership is a Meaningless Concept
- The Case against Self-Ownership
Listen to the Podcast
The podcast is the audio of the video episode distributed in mp3 format in an RSS feed that you can easily subscribe to and listen to on your daily commute, while working out or while relaxing.
Ask me a Question!
Ask me a Question on Air! Call (641) 715-3900 ext. 255888 and leave me a voicemail with your question so I can play it on the air.
About the Podcast
The Arm your Mind for Liberty podcast and video blog is a weekly show about implementing radical liberty in your life for greater happiness and prosperity. A new audio episode is available every Thursday. Video episodes are released Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Or subscribe to my YouTube channel for the video episodes.