Keene NH activist and Free State Project early mover Sam Dodson was arrested this morning for violating the ban on videotaping in the lobby at Keene District Court before fellow videographer Dave Ridley’s arraignment for the same offense.
Activists Targeted for Summons
Mr Dodson refused to cooperate in his arrest and police dragged him into another room from where his screams of pain were heard. According to Patrick at FreeKeene.com, police blocked the exits and Keene city prosecutor and police sergeant Eliezer Rivera insisted that liberty activists left in the building receive summons. Two were issued but five activists were arrested, presumably for disorderly conduct charges and/or for not cooperating in the issuance of the summons.
According to Patrick, some police officers felt Mr Rivera overreacted:
Before I was let out of the car, I heard two police officers criticizing city prosecutor Eliezer Rivera’s actions in calling for backup and demanding that everyone be given summons. “I thought he’d been jumped,” one of backup officers said, referring to when he received the call. “90% of it was probably him,” one of them said, referring to Riviera’s hyping of the incident. “He’s out of control.” #
Discussing this on Free Talk Live Now
Tune in to Free Talk Live right now to hear Ian describe what happened [Apr 13 7PM EST].
- Free Keene: 5 Activists Arrested during Dave Ridley’s Arraignment
- Free Keene Forums: Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009
- Qik: Initial Free Keene Video Report
- Qik: Interview with two of the Keene NH activists who were arrested by Keene police
- Keene Sentinel: Several people arrested in incident at Keene District Court today [removed Apr 14]
- Free Keene Forums: April 13 Incident – Post Your Charges
- FSP Forums: Many Activists Arrested in Keene
- Dave Ridley Reports as Activists Travel to Jail Where Sam is Being Held
- Free Keene: Live Footage of Activists’ Arrests
- Qik: More Video of the Arrests
- Keene Sentinel: Commotion in the court [includes photo of Patrick Shields being hauled away in brutal manner]
- George Donnelly: Background on the “Not-So-Disorderly Seven”’s April 13 2009 Keene NH Arrests
- Blog of Bile: Charges against Sam Dodson revealed
- Fascism Explodes at the Keene Court
- Free Keene Forums: Sam is in Jail
- Free Keene: Audio of the Arrest and Torture of Peaceful Activist, Sam.
- Jailed Activist Info: Sam Dodson
- Ridley Report: NH arrests spark instant sign-making party
- George Donnelly: 8 Reasons Why I Admire Sam Dodson and the Not-So-Disorderly Keene Seven Activists
- Free Keene: Superintendent Van Wickler on Sam and Releasing Prisoners