Libertarian activists Pete Eyre and Adam Mueller are in Cheshire county jail in Keene, New Hampshire right now. Pete was attacked in an unused courtroom by a new and ornery bailiff over a hat on Monday, January 24th. He is exercising his right to remain silent. He is not assisting the local thugs in their attempt to make his caging look just and correct. He is in segregation 23 hours per day. During Pete’s arraignment on Tuesday, January 25th, Adam stood up and spoke the truth to Edward Burke, a Keene district court judge, about his kangaroo court. Adam was arrested and insta-sentenced to 60 days in jail. Both are now on a hunger strike.
Pete lived the truth. No man is greater than another. Ritualistic displays of subservience, such as the doffing of hats, are not compatible with this truth. Pete not only knows this truth, he also lives it. And that makes him great. Adam spoke the truth. He couldn’t bear to witness the miscarriage of justice that was Pete’s arraignment. The decision to release Pete is in the hands of his captors. To argue otherwise is to pretend his captors act with legitimate authority, a sad unsubstantiated joke. Compare them with those famous three monkeys who shield themselves from the truth by covering their eyes, ears and mouths to the truth.
Here’s what we can do to help free them right now.
- Call the Cheshire county commissioners. They’re the big whigs. They need to hear about this. Phone numbers can be found here. Please be civil but firm.
- Watch, like, comment on this video. Share it with your friends and family.
- Vote for Pete to get on Fox’s Freedom Watch TV show. He needs 5,000 more supporters in order to get to the number one position. We can do it. Repost the link everywhere with a call to action.
- Call the governor of New Hampshire, John Lynch. Tell him what is going on. Demand accountability for Edward Burke, Keene district court judge, and the immediate and unconditional release of Pete and Adam. (603) 271-2121.
- Invite your friends to this Facebook event, even the ones who don’t know Pete and Adam or aren’t libertarians. It’s specially made for those not familiar with the situation.
- Call the New Hampshire Judicial Conduct Committee to report Burke for his pattern of injustices. (603) 292-1825.
- Write Pete and Adam letters, and send Mail to Jail some bucks to pay for stamps.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. First read Tom Knappâ€™s Recommendations for Writing a Libertarian Op-Ed.
- Chipin for Adam’s commissary fund. These are funds he can use to stay warm and occupied while in a cold, dead jail cell.
- Call the Cheshire county jail where they are being held: 603.903.1600.
- Call the Keene police department. 603.357.9813. The man who snatched Pete is James Cemorelis and his extension is 7117. His email address is [email protected] The man who put his knee on Pete’s head is Matt Griffin, extension 7182.
BONUS: #12. Watch Meg’s video above and follow up on her suggestions.
Please keep an eye out for new developments and calls to action. We have got each other’s backs. Together we are powerful.