“I live anarchy every day,” I told a fellow redditor recently. He doesn’t think anarchy will ever come to pass. He doesn’t believe I could possibly be living anarchy on a daily basis. But I am. How? I make conscious decisions about how I spend my money and my time. I resist the corporate state where feasible. I educate and expose. Here’s a list.
- I write. I write about anarchist ideas, their implementation and how current reality compares. My aim is to educate myself, spark insights in others and prepare the community for the next steps.
- I engage in mutual aid. I support my friends when the state harasses them.
- I actively deny consent to the state in order to weaken it and highlight my difference of opinion.
- I plot the downfall of the state. Not only is it illegitimate, but this regime is brutish and self-destructive.
- I educate the public, for example by distributing fully informed jury fliers.
- I videotape the state’s agents, so their hypocrisy can be exposed.
- I organize with my friends to achieve our goals.
- I participate in counter-economics.
- Where feasible, I patronize small worker-owned or non-corporate businesses.
How do you live anarchy on a daily basis?