Our pamphleteering got off to a quiet start yesterday. Not one of the 17 state officers that poked and prodded us three weeks ago was visible. Apparently a memo came down ordering them to tolerate our peaceful public education effort. Our numbers increased to nine and veteran activists Julian Heicklen and Jim Babb brought more pamphlets. We even managed to set up a second location in the federal building courtyard around the corner and have some great conversations with passersby.
Three Furious Security Guards
And that’s when three furious security guards demanded we move across the street and threatened to permanently steal my camera. Our refusals to run away just irritated them more and they actually attempted to steal my camera twice. Over the radio came an order for them to stay out of the courtyard, so back to work we went!
Stay Apprised of Future Events
If you’re in the Philadelphia area, please join the Valley Forge Revolutionaries meetup so you can be informed of future Jury Rights Outreach meetups.
Julian Heicklen’s Schedule
Julian is planning to repeat the event at the following locations as follows. Please join him with your video and still cameras!
- Monday, May 3, 2010, 11:45 am–1:15 pm: Manhattan, NY, 500 Pearl St
- Monday, May 10, 2010, 11:45 am–1:15 pm: Trenton, NJ, 402 E State St
- Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 8:00 am–9:30 am: Allentown, PA, 504 W Hamilton St
- Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 11:45 am–1:15 pm : Reading, PA, 400 Washington St
- Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 8:00 am–9:30 am: Johnstown, PA, 319 Washington St
- Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 11:45 am–1:15 pm: Pittsburgh, PA, 700 Grant St
- Thursday, May 13, 2010, 11:45 am–1:15 pm: Harrisburg, PA, 100 Walnut St
- Friday, May 14, 2010, 8:00 am–9:30 am: Philadelphia, PA, 601 Market St
- Friday, May 14, 2010, 11:45 am–1:15 pm: Wilmington, DE, 844 N King St
For more information on jury rights and jury nullification, check out fija.org.
Here’s the video on Vimeo.